- Direct lobbying;
- Debt retirement, operating deficits or after-the-fact support;
- Basic biomedical research, drug therapies or devices;
- Public, private or parochial educational institutions, including their foundations, except when support is essential to programs or projects that align with our Strategic Framework and are not considered standard educational services;
- Organizations or projects that unlawfully discriminate with regard to employees, volunteers, delivery of programs or services, or clients served based on age, sex, religion/creed, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, military or veterans status, pregnancy or genetic information;
- 501c4 or 501c6, except when programmatically appropriate and will require expenditure responsibility ; and
- Any organization or project that is inconsistent with the mission, vision, values and Strategic Framework of Headwaters.