- Basic biomedical research, drug therapies or devices;
- Public, private or parochial educational institutions, including their foundations, except when support is essential to programs or projects that align with our Strategic Framework;
- Organizations or projects that unlawfully discriminate with regard to employees, volunteers, delivery of programs or services, or clients served based on age, sex, religion/creed, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, military or veterans status, pregnancy or genetic information;
- Any organization or project that is inconsistent with the mission, vision, values and Strategic Framework of Headwaters.
- Lobbying as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (IRC), section 4945(d)(1) (insert link to IRS code)
- Activities supporting political candidates or voter registrations drives, as defined in IRC section 4945(d)(2).
- Pass through grants